Microsoft is presenting Silverlight for Developers in Reston tonight and in DC tomorrow night. Microsoft DPE will deliver some great content, and I've been asked to give some real-world experience closing remarks at both events. Hope to see you there!
Event Overview (shamelessly lifted from the registration site)
Microsoft® Silverlight™ is a cross-browser, cross-platform plug-in for delivering the next generation of .NET based media experiences and rich interactive applications for the Web. Silverlight offers a flexible programming model that supports AJAX, VB, C#, Python, and Ruby, and integrates with existing Web applications. Silverlight supports fast, cost-effective delivery of high-quality video to all major browsers running on the Windows , Mac OS, and Linux coming soon.
Who Should Attend
Architects, Developers, and anyone who would like to learn how to take their AJAX applications to the next level .
What you will learn
- The benefits of Silverlight from a developer perspective
- How UI designers and developers can collaborate using the same codebase, but with role specific tools
- How Silverlight 2.0 (the next version) brings a subset of the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) & .NET Framework cross platform / cross browser
- Fundamentals of building Silverlight 2.0 applications using C# & the .NET Framework
- How the ASP.NET 3.5 Extensions make building Silverlight solutions easier (Think cross platform video by simply dragging/dropping a control + pointing to a video file)
Pete Brown, from Applied Information Sciences (AIS), will be closing the dinner by sharing his experiences & lessons learned from building a production Silverlight application.
Note: This will be a developer-centric talk with a heavy focus on code demos.